Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Don't Even Have a Title for this Shit.

So I met this guy right? That's how it always seems to start lol. It was a few weeks ago, he went with me to shop for a Halloween costume the weekend before the holiday. I thought he was cool; maybe a little nerdy but I prefer that over dudes that have so much game and know all the right things to say. When it was time for us to part ways, he asked if I would call it a first date. I told him he could call it that if he wanted to, and he informed me that there is "usually a kiss" at the end of a date. So I quickly told him no, it wasn't a date then.

A week goes by and we text back and forth, and on a Sunday afternoon, I text him to see what he's up to. He says he's studying and invites me over to hang out when he's done. I am tired, but I make the trip to his house anyway. (Not the best idea, in retrospect.) I get over there and we watch DVDs for a while. To make a long story short, we "hooked up" or "made out" or whatever term people use for it. Those both sound gross and immature to me but I don't know how else to phrase it. He was really sweet about it and all that bullshit and had me feeling kind of......mushy and whatnot. Anyone who knows me knows that mushy and I don't go together.

Fast forward to THIS weekend: I get a text from him asking how I'm doing and what I'm doing for the weekend. I say that I'm staying posted at the house, since this is yet another weekend that my funds are embarrassingly low. He says there is a party at his house. Not really an invite, but I am assuming that maybe he wants me to stop by? I don't respond though; like I said, money is limited for me and driving = spending gas = spending money. Besides, I don't really want that mushy feeling again so it's best for me to stay at home.

I send him a text the next day, asking how the party was, you know, just being nice. His response: "Good had threesome with two females." Pause. Make that a LONG fucking pause. He seems like the goofy type, so maybe he's joking. Even so, what is the purpose of joking about something like that in particular? To get a reaction from me? And what KIND of reaction would he be looking for exactly? So many questions, but I doubt he would even be able to muster the mental capacity to answer them. I simply tell him I'm glad he enjoyed it. He writes back asking if I am "mad." I ask why I would be mad? He says "I don't know."

Like many of my posts, I don't know exactly where I am going with this. Sometimes I wish that God would come down and tell me exactly why people say and do the stupid shit that they say and do, because I am officially at a loss. I guess I could chalk it up to immaturity.......but I really don't want to. Was this his way of letting me know he is no longer interested in me? If so, why not just come out and say it? I'm so blown right now. I'm about to swear off all human contact for good.

2 comments:

Freckles said...

I have had a few strange encounters with men that end up being mere moments of immaturity or Fuck that I am not responding to you the way you think you want me to. Lol. Some folks just aint shit and they cannot help it. Some folks need drama to validate who they are or to make them feel worty of attention. Sucks but it is what it is - at least you now know not to feel invested in him any further...

I have an award for you at my spot - check it out lil mama!

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

Yeah, I called him on it and told him to just let me know if he wasn't interested anymore and he said that he was just "kidding" so I don't know...I didn't find it funny. And thanks so much for the award that made me feel all special! Lol