Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Achieved One Of My Goals So Far.

The one about not procrastinating/waiting on other people to do things. I have been wanting to see "The Princess and the Frog" for a while now, and my roommates said they wanted to see it too. We looked up showtimes on the internet tonight and the latest were at 9:45 and 10:10. I knew that both of these were far too early for people like my roommates, since it was already after 8:30 and it takes them about 3 hours just to make a decision about anything, and another 3 hours to get off their asses and actually DO it.

Then they checked their bank accounts to see how much damage they had done on their New Year's trip to Indiana. After subtracting a few bills and holds from the numerous bars/clubs that they went to, they moaned about how broke they are now. Now I KNEW they wouldn't be going to see any movies tonight. However, in spite of my own brokeness, I had just enough cash to go see the movie. Besides, I have been in the house all weekend and I didn't feel like sitting in my room while they recuperate from their hangovers/exhaustion/poorness.

So I got dressed and headed out to the theater. It felt weird as hell going to a movie by myself, but I survived. If anyone ever bullshits about going out somewhere again, I won't hesitate to do the same thing. I'm definitely beginning to understand and appreciate that old folks' saying that "One monkey (or two, or three.....) don't stop no show." By the way, I thought "The Princess and the Frog" was a cute movie. Don't know what all that "racial controversy" bullshit was about.

1 comment:

Freckles said...

LOVE IT!!! I enjoy doing things by myself even though I am such a social whore. Those are the times that are so appreciated. I am always very hesitant but shit kickin it with me aint so bad. I am a good date to self.