Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Geeked.

Around this time last year, an acquaintance and I started up a fashion/lifestyle blog. This is when I really got into the whole blogging scene and I would spend hours on the Internet perusing other fashion blogs for inspiration/confirmation that we were on the right track as far as current fashion trends in Atlanta, as well as around the country.

I stumbled across a blog called LateBoots that was run by two young fashion connoisseurs; one in Atlanta and the other in New York. From reading just a few entries, I was instantly hooked and made it a part of my daily routine to go to LateBoots for my fashion fix. Even after the blog that I shared with my acquaintance fell through (a story that I won't get into), I still looked to LateBoots to get a feel for the "cool" restaurants, clubs, and boutiques to go to in Atlanta and New York.

Then the unthinkable happened. The creators announced that there would be a brief hiatus on the blog to reconstruct the site. Needless to say, I was crushed. I checked back on the blog from time to time for new entries but never saw one. Eventually I (reluctantly) removed LateBoots from my daily blogging regimen.

Fast forward to now. I was doing my usual Web browsing and for some reason, decided to check back in on LateBoots. Lo and behold, there was a link to the new website. I eagerly began to look through the new posts and noticed an entry from earlier today seeking interns for LateBoots. Needless to say, I was fucking amped. I have been wanting to get a fashion/magazine/public relations internship in Atlanta ever since I moved down here, but with all the craziness that went on during my first semester, finding an internship took a backseat to simply trying to survive.

So now I'm nervous as hell. I feel a little rusty as far as being up on the latest trends. I can't even remember the last time I bought a new pair of shoes or even a freakin' t-shirt. What am I going to put on my resume? I'm kicking myself now for being so anti-social while I was attending Clark Atlanta University that I opted not to participate in any of the campus fashion shows/events. I know I have to come with my A-game or risk being laughed right out of the LateBoots creators' inbox.

It's a new year though, so fuck it. I mean, this is the first time that I checked that blog in months and this opportunity just so happened to be on there....that can't just be a coincidence. Can it?

No comments: