Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Haven't Updated this Shit in a Minute.

Just a quick post since I realized that I haven't written any new posts in a long while. Ummm.....not much to update really. Lol. Still unemployed. My days mostly consist of sleeping until 4 in the afternoon, then waking up to check my favorite blogs, Facebook, e-mail, bank account (which is steadily dwindling), etc. Then a half-ass job search and send a few resumes out. Try to find food in between job hunting. Then attempt to go to bed at a reasonable time and stay up until 4 or 5am anyway.

Repeat.

My roommate is telling me that one of his friends can get me a waitressing job. Is it bitchy that I have no desire whatsoever to be a waitress? I tried it for about two days last year, but got let go because I wasn't "bubbly" enough. Besides that, I just can't get with that whole "Work your ass off and get paid $2 an hour plus tips.....if people are nice enough to tip you" thing. I have bills to pay, rent due, and I just don't feel comfortable depending on the kindness of strangers to sustain my livelihood, because from my experience, people ain't too kind. I've come to the conclusion that a "waitress/waiter" is the modern word for "slave."

I may be subconsciously sabotaging myself because I have given myself until the end of this month to find another job before I say good-bye to ATL for good and pack my shit up to go home. And if I don't really look for a job and refuse to work as a waitress, that would mean I have no choice but to go home, right?

No comments: