Pages

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Reason #288, 517 Why I Don't Fuck with too Many People.

First off, I will say that this week has been pretty decent so far. I feel like I got a lot accomplished, and I managed not to stay in my room 95% of the time. As always though, there is some fuckery going on that I have to address, simply because it amuses and/or irks me.

I have an interview coming up next Monday, and since I am a self-proclaimed shop-a-holic, I convince myself that this is the perfect reason to go to the mall and pick up a new outfit. Gotta dress to impress, right? (Yeah, lame I know, but it makes me feel less guilty.) Normally I would hit the mall by myself because it's in my nature to fly solo, but I decide to switch things up a bit and reach out to a couple of my friends Thursday night to find out if they would like to join me on a trip to Lenox Square Friday afternoon. My roommates are out of the question since they refuse to wake up before 4pm on a weekday, so I send a text to B and K. Just one shopping companion is all I really need, but somehow in the past few months these two have been attached at the hip and I can never invite one of them to an outing without getting a text from the other saying, "Why didn't you invite me?!" Ugh. I am really not feeling these "package deal" friends that cannot exist without the other. Get an identity already. It's emotionally draining for me, and I hate being the third wheel. But I digress.

I get a response from B first, who says she doesn't have anything to do in the afternoon and asks what time I plan on going. I tell her around 1 or 2, which she says is cool with her. Then I get a text from K. She wants to come along too, but she has errands to run beforehand so she wants to know if we can go out a bit later. I tell her that's fine; I really don't have a specific time set in stone. I text B back and tell her we'll be going out later than 2 since K wants to come along as well. Again, she says it's cool.

Fast forward to today. I get up, get dressed, and head out to the car repair shop for an oil change. I get done around 3:30 and call K to find out if she's done taking care of her business for the day. She doesn't pick up so I leave a voicemail telling her to call me and let me know when she'll be ready. Then I call B to find out if she still wants to go. She says she does, and I ask if she's dressed. She says, "Yeah, by the time you get over here I should be ready." It takes about half an hour to get from where I live to pick up my friends, so I figure that will give K time to call me back and if she doesn't, she can always come along the next time. We're just going to the mall, not like it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

As I'm getting onto the highway, K calls me back and says she should be ready around 5. I tell her that works, since the lovely Friday night Atlanta traffic will most likely result in me getting to their side of town around 5 anyway. Moments later I get a text from B. She says she doesn't know if I want to go to the mall....with her at least, because she has work at 5:45. Pause. Did I not just call you thirty minutes ago and ask if you still wanted to go with me and you said yes? Did you not know you had to work when I called you? When I said we would be going to the mall later than 1 or 2, did you think I meant 2:15? Did you think we would only be at the mall for half an hour? I'm not in the mood for the bullshit, and I respond that she could have told me that before, but it's okay. She then sends some passive-aggressive bullshit reply saying that she "thought I knew" she worked at 6 every night, and tells me to "have fun." Ignore. Yes, I generally know what time she works, but it's not like I have her work schedule tattooed on my hand. Excuse me for letting it slip my mind. I still don't understand why she didn't just tell me she couldn't go when I called her.

So now I'm on the highway in this horrendous traffic. I am nearing the exit to get to K's house when she sends me a text: "Ugh im so sleepy." Translation: "I don't feel like going. Can we go some other time?" HELL NO. If both of these bitches flaked out on me after I gave them ample time to decide if they wanted to come along, AND I just spent an hour-and-a-half in traffic for no reason, I am done, done, DONE. And I'm going to make sure I blog about the shit so I remember exactly WHY I'm done. I text her back telling her I plan on hitting her when I see her and that I'm only five minutes away. No response. I call, and ask her if she's coming or not. She says she is, and moments later I pick her up and finally head to Lenox.

Good God. All this for a simple shopping trip. Bet you I won't do that shit again.

P.S. Am I the only one who understands that it's important to use protection at ALL TIMES if you're sexually active? Unplanned pregnancies and STDs are running rampant, and people are still fucking like it's the 1950s. That's another post, but I needed to get that out.

P.S.S. Hair pics coming soon!

2 comments:

SinfulLyo said...

yeah...no. i'd have spazzed. also why i don't fuck with lots of people, i'm on my own damn schedule! juggling shit around to accommodate you and your bitch ass flakes? they're trying to give you high blood pressure lol. hope you found an outfit after all THAT.
weeeeeeeee to hair pics!

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

Haha I thought the same thing on my way to pick them up. I was like, "Wait a minute...why am I trying to accommodate these bitches for a trip to the mall that I planned?" Smh at myself. I gotta do better. Anyway, YES I found an awesome dress that was only 16 bucks! So I'm pretty psyched about it. At least that whole ordeal wasn't completely in vain.