Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Butterflies.

Disclaimer: This has nothing to do with a guy. Just wanted to put that out there.

I filled out my Navy paperwork and I will be going to the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) this Thursday to take the ASVAB, physical and medical exams, etc. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. This whole thing is still surreal for me. I guess I won't believe it until I'm headed to boot camp.....provided that all goes well with MEPS.

The part that I am least looking forward to is that females have to be examined in some uh.....personal places. That's probably the last thing I should be worried about though, right? I'm weird, I know.

I called my biological (read: absent) father to get his address for some of my paperwork, and he took that as his opportunity to tell me that he has "mixed feelings" about the military. Not that I'm really concerned about his opinion on the matter, but I entertained him long enough to hear his reasons, one of them being that he doesn't want me to "get shot at." Silly rabbit. Little does he know, I was at risk of being shot even when I attended Clark Atlanta University. Parents just don't understand.....*some* parents, that is. I tried to ease his mind to the best of my ability, telling him this is an opportunity to finish my education, pursue a career, etc. He told me to call him if there's anything he can do to help. My thoughts: Unless you can pay for me to go to school, no, there's nothing you can do. Talking to him reminds me of why our phone conversations are few and far in between. (I think that's the expression. Forgive me, I'm tired.)

That's all I have for now. I'll be sure to give the update on how the MEPS process goes. Unless I have to sign a disclosure statement saying I can't speak about military activities or something random. That would suck.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

parents just don't understand -- ain't that the damn truth!