Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Hoodrat-ism of the Day + Other Randoms.

The following is a summary of the dialogue I had the pleasure of hearing early this Monday morning:

Trainer: Anyone do anything interesting last weekend?

Hoodrat #1: Naw, I ain't really do nothing. I just watched True Blood. OMG I love that show!

Another classmate/trainee: What channel is that on?

Hoodrat #1: It ain't on regular cable. You gotta prescribe to HBO, and they got like 500 other channels to go with it.


Sigh. I'll leave it at that.

In other news, I miss Atlanta. Just a little bit. I didn't think I would, but then again, I never think I'm going to miss a place at the time I leave; I suppose because I always leave on the shittiest of terms. I guess I can't stop wondering why things couldn't have worked out for me while I was down there. Is there someone up in the big blue unknown that didn't want me to succeed on my own? I don't get it.

I am stressed as hell waiting for my first paycheck. I have 11 more days of waiting, but I need it like yesterday.

I realize that I haven't consumed any alcoholic substances in over a month. Hearing my co-workers talk about how drunk they got over the weekend is making me crave it a little. Is that an alcoholic thing to say? Probably.

I am also having withdrawals from shopping. I *need* a pair of shoes, a dress, a belt, a pair of earrings, something.

2 comments:

Alee said...

DEAD @ "prescribe"
wtf?

As far as the pay day thing goes I know that feeling too well and it sucks! Hang in there girl 11 days is right around the corner.

NC17 said...

*this is me electronically pouring you a drink*