Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Internet Thugs.

I read a post at http://blackgirlsareeasy.blogspot.com advising Black people to stay off Facebook. I agree with this notion wholeheartedly, and would like to expand that statement and suggest that Black people stay off the Internet period. Ignorant Black people, that is. Coons, as I am fond of calling them. (My mom doesn't like that word, but I love it.) This gripe is dedicated to all the folks that cannot formulate complete thoughts, and therefore resort to using profanities and red herrings to get their point across in an Internet debate.

Exhibit A:

My favorite blog in the whole wide world (besides my own) is missjia.com. I go to that blog every day, and have visited the site for several months now. I think Miss Jia is a breath of fresh air as far as blogs go; she posts topics that provoke good debates, and she doesn't sugarcoat her opinions, and doesn't expect for her readers to sugarcoat theirs. She also seems to be genuinely interested in interacting with her readers. She added a new feature to the blog called "Dear Celebrity," a platform that allows readers to send in letters addressed to celebrities that they feel have committed some offense that they need to be called out on. The first letter was addressed to Ciara and her less-than-stellar singing skills, and by reading the comments, I knew the shit had hit the fan, for lack of a better term. Everybody and their mama came out, defending Ciara's honor, chastising the letter writer for "hating" on Ciara, blah, blah, blah. Basically, nobody bought her damn Fantasy Ride album, but the moment someone critiques her, the whole blogging world has something to say.

Okay, whatever. The next "Dear Celebrity" letter is addressed to 50 Cent, focusing on his significant weight loss for his upcoming movie role. I'm too lazy to post his photo here, but it's been posted on just about every other blog online. Needless to say, that nigga looks scary as fuck. Not too many complaints on that post.

THEN someone wrote in about Keri Hilson. My God. I never knew how many fans this chick had until I read the comments on this letter. The author of the letter apparently made a "death threat" to Ms. Keri and a lot of folks were ready to call the FBI about it. Being the sarcasm queen that I am, I knew that the mention of death wasn't serious, but apparently the satire went over a lot of blog readers' heads.

Which brings me to today's "Dear Celebrity" letter. It was addressed to the former "Princess of Roc-a-fella" Teairra Mari. The author basically called her out on her lukewarm singing career and suggested that she have a seat. No harm, right? Wrong. All of a sudden, I find out that Teairra Mari has "stans" too. What is going on in the world? She hasn't had a hit single since what.....'05? The claws were out anyway though; dumb asses that clearly need to be hooked on Phonics were accusing Miss Jia of writing the letter, while others scolded her for not "uplifting Black women." I was fed up with it, so I posted this comment:

"Wow. I can't take some of these comments.....Teairra Mari has stans now? Who knew? I said it before and I'll say it again: these letters are NOT meant to PRAISE a celebrity. If someone doesn't like a celeb, they're entitled to their opinion. These letters are no different than when we sit around with our friends and watch the BET (pause) or MTV Awards and criticize what the celebs say, do, and wear.

If you're looking to be "uplifted," maybe you need to go to church, or an empowerment workshop. Like someone else said, a blog is a form of entertainment for people to come and get their daily shits and giggles. I didn't see anyone complaining about us roasting those two fools "performing" to Trey Songz in that messy ass room, or the big girl flailing around to Ciara's "Ride." The only difference between their fuckery and the fuckery outlined in the "Dear Celebrity" letters is that the latter are famous....or semi-famous. Or whatever. Don't act like there isn't SOME truth to what the letter writers have said. Ciara is NOT the best singer. 50 Cent DOES look scary as hell in his new film role. Keri Hilson IS a bit bland (even though I like her). Teairra Mari IS a mediocre artist. Get over it.

P.S. I'm willing to bet my liquor money that this "Alicia" character is either a member of Teairra Mari's camp, or Teairra Mari herself."

I tried to be as nice as I could, although I was (and still am) quite annoyed that something created in an attempt to provide another source of entertainment has turned into a crucifixion for anyone that dares to give their opinion on a celebrity. I mean, judging and/or debating what a celebrity has done or said is only what all of us do EVERY DAY when we go to an entertainment blog. Of course, this prompted another die-hard Teairra Mari crotch-rider to come at me. This is what the genius had to say:

"Lol at people trying to hate on my girl Teairra. Fuck out of here. Teairra all day everyday. Here to stay. And if anyone got shit to say about it. You can holla at me @TeairraMinaj on twitter. I stan for her all day everyday. You think you can say shit and the teamteatea gonna let you get away with that shit? no ma'am miss pam. Oh and for the record. Teairra is not mediocre. She can actually sing her songs live. And she's drop dead gorgeous. Hooker."

*Scratches head* Huh? Okay, first of all, "@TeairraMinaj," I never said anything about her looks. I think Teairra Mari is a very pretty girl. There are a lot of pretty girls in the world; that doesn't mean they are all destined to be international R&B stars. I feel like this fact applies to her as well. Second, I never said she couldn't "sing live." Singing live does not qualify you as a great entertainer. Mediocrity has nothing to do with how well you can perform onstage. Mediocrity means you are ordinary or average. If I heard a Teairra Mari song on the radio, I would have no clue who it was. Therefore, she doesn't stand out. Therefore, she is not unique. Hence my usage of the word "mediocre." Third, the fact that your Twitter name is @TeairraMinaj tells me everything I need to know about your intelligence level. Please read a book and stop Internet thugging on your grandma's computer.

The end.

P.S. Since when does giving an opinion on a blog translate to being a hooker? Okay, I'm going to bed.

5 comments:

princess said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carla said...

See, this example is the reason why I only "read" the comments that are written instead of engaging in a battle with people who have the mental capacity of a lab rat. It would drain the life out of me to go back and forth with a person whose name is "TierraMinaj" and who types like she talks. "No ma'am miss pam" and "all day everyday" - I can't.

Dead @ grandmother's computer. My guess would have been her at the library trying to hurry and type that nonsense before her 30 minutes were up.

Alee said...

I always find it funny how people are not supporting these "singers" by buying their albums but will go into full on stan mode on the blogs. And I love miss jia- she always keeps it 100!

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

@Carla, I know...I have nothing against a friendly Internet debate, but I can't deal with the name-calling and broken English. Lmao @ the library computer scenario! You're probably right.

@Alee, that's the same thing I thought about when people started going in about the letters. They have so much to say, but I bet they download and buy bootleg copies of their "favorite" artists' album just like everyone else.

P. Hentermine said...

I will read that book and also try to stop internet thugging on computer.