Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fashion Blog?

I'm not sure if I told the story of how I began blogging. If I did, I apologize, but here it goes again. I was first introduced to the blogging world when I began my short matriculation at CAU. Some fashion students decided to get together and blog about styles and trends relevant to CAU and Atlanta in general. The blog project fell through faster than Christina Milian and The Dream's marriage (sorry I couldn't resist), but I had already been bitten by the blogging bug so a friend and I started our own blog.

Then that friendship ended, and so did the blog. By now, I was a little burned out from all the drama and I mostly just read blogs from time to time. I decided to get back into it last year, but this blog has mainly consisted of my gripes and issues with life. I post random pics of shoes that I want every now and then, but it's not as fashion-oriented as my other blogging endeavors were.

Which brings me to my current dilemma. I know that my dream career is to be an editor/journalist/publicist/stylist/something in the fashion world. Whenever I do my research on how to "break into" the industry, the most important thing after snagging an internship is showing your writing skills and views on fashion, i.e. a fashion blog. I'm thinking of starting a separate blog from this one that is "all fashion everything." Only problem is.....it's hard enough keeping up with THIS blog; how am I going to juggle having two?

As always, suggestions/comments are welcome!

4 comments:

DaBossBitch said...

I know that you can schedule your blogs so you might sit down when you have time and write a few entries and then scchedule them

BTW I will totally follow and Tttally comment like I think you are a FRIGGIN FASHION GENIUS

Alee said...

(Apologize ahead of time for this long winded-ass comment)

Well you probably already know what I'm going to say but I'll say it anyway... GO FOR IT! You have my support whatever you decide to do. I feel like people should just play around with things until they realize what they're passionate about and if that's something you're interested in try doing a couple posts every week so you won't feel overwhelmed (like me trying to juggle examiner with school and work and my blog. *rolls eyes*)

Whatever you do please don't get rid of THIS blog. I love coming on here to read your funny stories.

PS That was some really good advice from BossBitch.

Piph said...

yea go for it. if you would rather write more in the other blog just to keep it updated for future employers, then so be it. the only thing is you would have to keep writing like everyday, once a week or once a month, depending on what EXACTLY you wanna do. i know this because i wanted to be a journalist and columnist at one point, and i did a lot of research. but always chase your dreams. anything is possible

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

Thank you all for the comments and support! I really appreciate it. Dabossbitch, that is a good idea, thanks! Now I just have to think of a name for the fashion blog...lol