Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

RIP Baby Girl.





I feel bad for posting this all late, but I still wanted to pay my respects. I can't believe it's been 9 years. Craziness.

I was going to mention the ongoing debate between certain stans regarding "which female R&B star would be more popular than which" if Aaliyah were still alive, but I don't feel like writing no long shit. I will say that I think she was at the peak of her career and I wish we could have seen what she had in store. Maybe it really is true that everything happens for a reason. I also wanted to say that I thought Drake's letter to her was really sweet. You got my eyes watering over here Drizzy, stop it.

RIP Aaliyah

P.S. When is that Aaliyah biopic coming out?

3 comments:

MindOfACreator91 said...

I was actually listening to her music the oeher day... I miss her music :(

Seygra20 said...

I grew up with aaliyah but I was never really a fan.

I'm Alee. said...

I thought Drizzy's letter was sweet too... I'm not gonna lie he did kinda remind me of an obsessed fan, but it was still sweet. I was also wondering about that Aaliyah movie. Supposedly they were going to cast Drake's ex Keshia Chante. I would rather not see someone try and imitate her though. I can't think of anyone who would do her justice.