Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 & Beyond.

Last year around this time, I did a New Years post listing goals I had lined up for 2010 and some things I had accomplished the year before. Looking back at old shit is so funny, because the end of 2010 is upon us, and I realize that I accomplished about.....5 of the goals on my list. Probably more like 4.5, but I'm trying to make myself feel better. I'll leave it up to you guys to guess which goals were achieved.

Anywho, I don't really feel like making a "list" of things that I want to accomplish for 2011. I have some things that I want to do of course, but I almost think that making a list puts me in a box and does not allow me to switch things up if needed. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a planner. The fact that I plan shit to death is the reason why my life feels so upside down now, because I had all these grand plans that fell through. One thing that I'm trying to do is have a "general" plan, but also leave room to adapt in case every single step of that plan doesn't fall perfectly in place.

I also find it interesting that for the past two years, I have been in a completely different place (physically) than I was before. This time last year, I was working at my comfy job in the snooty suburbs of Georgia, living with roommates that I hated and who probably hated me. I was doing okay financially, but I was pretty lonely out there all by myself. I spent New Year's Eve at work, and on New Year's night I went out on a semi-date with a guy that I wasn't really interested in just because I was bored. This year I will be at work on New Year's Eve again. I'm living with family that.....annoys me, and who are probably annoyed by me. I'm doing okay financially, and surprise! Still lonely. I guess that's just the reoccurring theme for me. I'll have to work on that. I probably won't do shit on New Year's Day but eat and sleep, and then I think I have to work the next day. Boy, this sounds exciting, doesn't it?

Starting a new year isn't the same as it was for me before. I used to get all hyped about the big changes I was going to be making, and then I realized that most things ended up staying the same. If things go according to plan THIS year, it will probably be the most drastic change in my life so far, seeing that I'll be in the military and all. Everyone says joining the military changes your life, but we'll see. I don't want to get too worked up, only to find out that life on a ship is exactly the same as life in the suburbs of St. Louis or Atlanta.

A couple things that I really do need to work on though would be my fashion blog and getting in shape. I feel ashamed that I haven't put as much effort into my other blog as I wanted to. That has to change. As for getting into shape.....that kind of goes along with the whole "getting ready for the Navy" thing. I know they're gonna work my ass and I need to be prepared for it. I don't want to be the slacker who didn't do any type of physical activity before getting to boot camp. I can imagine that won't be pretty.

What was the point of all this again? Hmmm.....I have no idea. Just throwing out some thoughts on how I feel about the months to come. All I can do is look forward to what will happen and the experience I'm sure to gain no matter what path I head toward. Damn, that sounded philosophical and corny as hell. Don't mind me. I'd like to hear what everyone else is looking forward to in 2011 as well.

5 comments:

Poppy said...

I think making a list of goals are a great idea, I do every year & find myself disappointed because nothing was accomplished.

I think joining the military will definitely change your life, how could it be the same? And I HIGHLY doubt you will be the only out of shape person at boot camp. There is always that one person who barely made the weight requirement struggling to climb over the rope wall.

The Fashion Writress said...

To my opinion, it's a new year but no matter what u want to do or achieve, u can do it whenever, and if u haven't succeeded, that's fine too! As long as u are working on whatever u want and need in life, there is no time frame, to my opinion :)

PS, tx for ur sweet words too dear!

Alee. said...

I tried to comment on this post yesterday from my phone. FAIL! After I wrote up this whole long paragraph about your goals and stuff, I lost connection to the server :(

LOL anyway, those are all excellent New Years goals that can easily be achieved with a little self discipline. As far as Moda Ribelle goes, these fashion blogs are hard as hell to stay on top of. There's a lot of editing that goes into it and it can be very time consuming but you'll eventually get into a routine and it gets easier.

Hope you're having a good 2011 blogger buddy :)

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

@Alee, ughhh I hate when that happens! That's why most of the time I just comment from my laptop so I can copy and paste before I hit "send." LOL

And yes, trying to do both blogs is kicking my ass. I will get it together soon...hopefully. My New Year is fairly smooth so far, just trying to stick it out at this job before boot camp. I hope your New Year is going great too!

Alee. said...

It is! Thank you. And hang in there :)