Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Update.

I didn't get disqualified from the Navy. I suppose I was being my usual paranoid and melodramatic self. :-/

I took my mom with me for moral support in case I had a nervous breakdown. My recruiter was there, but I didn't see the chief around anywhere. My recruiter informed us that the chief had to go downtown to assist another Navy recruit and would be back soon. He told me about how the chief had "spazzed" when he spoke with him on the phone the night before about my tattoo, and mentioned that that would qualify me to be discharged. My recruiter told him it wouldn't, since I didn't get a tattoo on my face or hands, so it was still within regulations. For some reason, the chief still wanted to have a chat with me anyway. We sat down to wait, and my mom and recruiter gabbed about parenting issues while I twiddled my thumbs in nervousness.

11:00 came and went, and the chief still hadn't shown up. Eventually he called my recruiter, who told him we had been waiting in the office for a while and asked if he wanted to talk to me on the phone. A few minutes later, my recruiter got off the phone and told me that the chief was still downtown and all I needed to do was write yet ANOTHER statement about why I got my tattoo. I filled out the form, we finished chatting, and that was it.

*Wipes sweat from forehead*

That scare made me realize that I really am serious about going to the military. Honestly, I wasn't feeling it in the beginning, but I know that I don't want to be in St. Louis forever and this is the best way I know of to move toward my career and life goals. So no more impulsive, stupid decisions. I will not be getting any more tattoos......at least not until after boot camp.

6 comments:

Poppy said...

I'm so gald you didn't get disqualified over a tattoo, that would be awful. At least you know now where your head is...focused! When do you ship out, did they give you a date yet?

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

Yes! I ship out on March 29th. :)

Alee. said...

Well damn, here I go again attempting to comment. Your blog has been hating on me as of lately lol

I'm excited you found something that you really want to do that will help you get out of your current situation, allow you to travel, meet new people and do things you like to do. I had no idea the tatoos were such a big deal, but I guess I can understand that.

Anyway, I wish you all the best. Talk to you on twitter homie.

DianaBoss said...

OMG. I see that I have so much to catch up on and I'm so glad that I came back before you were gone. So we have you for 2 more months. After that when will you get back? I hope you blog and tweet when ever you get a chance to. Wow! what a surprise to return to. I'm proud of you though! :)

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

@Alee, lol I'm glad it finally worked for you this time! Thanks for the support, I'm excited to get started on this new journey too. Hopefully it will help me get back to being focused on my career goals like I was before I moved to Atlanta.

@DBB, yes just less than 2 months actually! February's short, so I know this month will fly by. Boot camp is only supposed to be 8 weeks, then after that I will go to "A" school to train in my job for the Navy. In between school, I will try to make as much time as I can to write and read everybody's blogs. My blog fam is probably one of the things I'm going to miss the most!

Poppy said...

Well try to update your blog as much as you can...we will miss you in the blog world. I need a good belly laugh every now and then.
:-)