Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Some People Never Change.

Don't you hate when an old friend and/or acquaintance sends you a friend request on Facebook? If you're like me, you don't want to add that person because you don't want them seeing what you're up to, and you really don't care to see what has been going on in their lives either. But then there is the small part inside you that feels a twinge of guilt if you ignore the request.

I had this minor dilemma when the daughter of my mom's old friend sent a friend request yesterday. I accepted it, only because I knew she was probably just adding me for the hell of it and I wouldn't have to worry about that fake-ass "catching up" bullshit that people do when they haven't talked in years.

After accepting the request, I take a look at her profile and notice that not a damn thing about her has changed. She has married her high school boyfriend and now has two small children, but personality-wise, nothing has changed. Back when I knew her, this girl was one of the "holy rollers" who does nothing but talk about how sinful everyone else in the world is. This girl believed there were two sins that would give you a first-class ticket to hell: fornication and homosexuality. She prided herself on the fact that she was a virgin and was "saving" herself for marriage, and she had made it her life's goal to marry her boyfriend before she turned 18. Being the non-holy roller that I am, I thought she was completely insane. Even though I never said a word to her about her beliefs, I'm pretty sure she could tell I didn't agree. I've been told that my facial expressions give me away, and I distinctly remember that my side eye was in full effect whenever she would go off on her tirades about gay people and anyone that has sex before they get married.

Anyway, fast forward to some of her recent status updates. She's still writing paragraphs on how wrong homosexuality is, and chastising girls who have sex before marriage, because of "all the STDs out there." The names "Jesus," "God," or "Lord" are used in just about every post. Meanwhile, she also posts about how good her husband is in the bedroom, while threatening to cut any girl that tries to take him away from her. o_O

Most of the shit on her page is pure comedy to me, due to all the grammatical errors and her borderline-schizophrenic thought process. At the same time.....it's just sad. It takes everything in me not to write on her wall, "GROW THE FUCK UP!!!!!" After all these years, you mean to tell me you're still caught up in this juvenile drama of a girl trying to "take your man"? If he's as wonderful as you claim in all of your other status updates, why is that even an issue worth writing about? If you're not gay, why the hell are you concerned about what other people are doing with their lives? Why don't you stop ranting on Facebook, telling everybody they're going to hell, and worry about getting your education and taking care of your little boys?

Ugh. I know I just went on a little rant myself, but holier-than-thou folks who are constantly throwing stones really grind my gears. I may not always agree with the way other people live their lives, but I have never taken it upon myself to determine where they're going in the "afterlife" because of it. That shit is just nutty.

9 comments:

DianaBoss said...

I'd totally unfriend her if I was you. It will feel empowering. And she is probably so wrapped up in saving her facebook friends from fornication and homosexuality to even notice. Can you imagine how many people she has already saved from eternal damnation by now?

MindOfACreator91 said...

Your not the only one sis. I felt the same way when she add me... I didn't know if she would try to do that "catching up" ish with me or not (since we did talk all the time). But after we took a laugh or two away from her profile of ignorance, I have also established that she has not changed. It's pretty sad...

The Notorious ZAG said...

LOL. I have people like that on my facebook page, and it's sheer entertainment. For schitts and giggles, I randomly comment because like you, my ideals and beliefs are polar opposite. I had some people delete me from their pages, and I find it hilarious. You requested me, but don't like what I have to say because it's in disagreement with you? Redic. I say keep her, and keep the laughs... what a loser, lol

PS- Ewww, why is my captcha "colanstu?" NO THANKS, lmao

Poppy said...

LMAO at this post and at DianaBoss! I'm with her. I would definitely delete her. My best friend is like that when it comes to gay people. My old roomie was gay & when we stopped living together, my best friend was like "Im glad you dont live with a gay girl anymore, the spirit could have got inside you". *blank stare*

Bible beaters are one of the reasons why people stray away from Christ...because they act so ignorant. SMH

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

@Notorious ZAG, yes, I plan to keep her on the friends list. Like you said, it will keep me laughing when I'm bored or having a bad day. And I have no idea what was going on with the "colanstu" captcha...it looks the same to me. Maybe a glitch in the system? Lol

★Starrla Monae☆ said...

LMAO! How contradicting is she by trying to beat the devil out of everyone yet at the same time posting about her husband's bedroom skills and threatening to beat a b*tch down...she must be one of those new Christians made by sowing a seed for $19.99.

Piph said...

A-GREED!!!!

Kela. said...

I understand this. Most people don't know how to grow. I unfriend or hide people on facebook. I never care to know about most people and their life. Its like they haven't changed since high school. All they care about is smoking their weed or spreading their seed. Its more to life.

martienn said...

woow ! nice blog ; )

if u want follow me and write comment ;*