Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaack!

It's been so long since I posted on this thing that I don't really even know what to say.

I guess I should start with the obvious. I conquered the beast better known as boot camp. It was a long, bumpy ride, but I'm done with it and that's what matters. The experience was so complicated that I don't have enough time to write about it all right now, but it was worth it. I used to sort of poke fun at people who went on and on about how proud they were to wear their Navy (or other military) uniform, but now I am one of those people, so I have to take my jokes back.

Now I'm going to what they call "A" school, where I will be trained for my actual job in the Navy. I've only been here for a little over a week, but I can already tell this is going to be another interesting experience. Let's just say young kids with more money than they've ever had and nothing but time on their hands is a dangerous combination. I know it will be a challenge to keep my nose clean amidst all the craziness, but I'm going to try my damnedest. It would be a sad thing to miss out on the whole Navy experience over some stupidity.

I have more to say, but I'm still getting used to being back in civilization, so sitting at a computer for more than a couple hours makes me antsy. I missed my blog fam. I hope all is well with everyone!

8 comments:

DianaBoss said...

Oh I'm so glad you are back and had a valuable experience. Take your time getting adjusted... We'll be here!

MUAH!

Monique said...

Yay! Welcome back! My dad taught A School during his last 10 of 23 years in the Navy. That young with lots of money and nothing is an accurate description. LOL Keep your nose clean and the experience will be well worth it. I'll be praying for you.

if you need a penpal, let a sistah know! Take care of yourself and keep blogging!

Alee. said...

OMG You're back. I missed you!!! Good to hear from you girl :) I'm sure you have a few stories to share with us, I'll be waiting lol

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

Aww thanks I missed y'all too!

@Monique I can always use penpals! If you want, you can shoot your info to uglycleanbroke87@yahoo.com or quinishaj@hotmail.com.

I definitely have some stories...and I haven't even gotten out to "the fleet" yet! Lol

Eyes On The Prize (eyesOTP) said...

Are you like buff now? When I think of boot camp I think of exercising and push ups and what not? I could be wrong....

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

@Eyes lol I don't feel buff. We did our fair share of push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, and other crazy exercises I had never heard of before I got to boot camp, like mountain climbers and 8-count body builders (they both suck!). I do feel like I built up some body strength though, which is good because I was weak as hell before.

Alee. said...

I'll shoot you an email.

Femmes With Benefits said...

We LOVE what you have to say. =]

And we are hoping you'd come to our chatroom tomorrow -- we're battling the boys and discussing relationships. =] We're inviting you to join the college fun!

Kimberly, FWB
femmeswithbenefits.com