Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Silly Rabbit....BS Games are for Kids.

I've come across many flaky/unreliable/tacky people in my life, but I'm always just as annoyed when I come across a new one. Nothing irks me more than my time being wasted. Even if I had nothing else to do, the fact that I put forth effort to kick it with someone only for them to bullshit and back out of it is enough for me to pretend like that person no longer exists.

Which brings me to last night's tale. My class just finished one of the hardest tests in our course and one of my shipmates suggests we go to the on-base club for a couple drinks to celebrate. I had exchanged numbers with him a while back and we hung out in a group before. He's one of those people that I refer to as a "group friend." They're cool, but there's something about them you can't quite put your finger on, that deters you from chilling with them one-on-one. The thing is, my roommate that usually served as a "buffer friend" (the friend who you stick with when the group friends go their separate ways), left a couple weeks ago to go to her duty station, so there was no one else to accompany me in the proposed celebration.

Against my better judgement, I agree to it. That night, I send a text asking what time he's going. He says after he eats at the galley (cafeteria for the civilian folks). A couple more hours pass, and I decide to do a little shopping at the store on base. I see him while I'm out, and he informs me he will be going around 9:30 or 10. Cool. I go back to my room and chill out for a couple hours. 9:30 passes, then 10, and still no text. Around 11, I start to change clothes for bed and put my hair up when I get a text saying he's at the spot.

I debate with myself for a few minutes about whether I should go check it out or just take my ass to bed. I am super relieved I passed that damn test, and if my other friends were still here, I would want to go out. On the other hand, I know this dude is uber-flaky. Like....short attention span doesn't even begin to describe it. And he's drinking? Shiiiit.

Again, I decide to head over to the spot against my better judgement. It's only about two seconds from my ship (building for the civilians) anyway. I get inside, get a drink, then text to see where he's at. No reply. I finish my drink and walk around a little, still don't see him. At this point, I decide I'm not searching anymore and I go back to my ship.

Now....maybe I'm just being a drama queen but....what the hell? Why are people so fucking flaky? Is it that hard to send a text message? Am I asking too much? Mind you, this is the same guy that is always boasting about how girls chase after him and blow up his phone because he's so fly. I never had any intentions of getting with him, because he has claimed that I'm his "little homie," but I've learned my lesson. I refuse to chase a nigga, "homie" or not. The fact that he dissed a so-called friend shows that he ain't shit anyway.

When people ask why I always fly solo, I will refer them to this post. I don't have time for the games.

8 comments:

Jason said...

That was some simp shit he did. If I'm told a certain time I expect it to be that time. If you're running late or can't make it, it takes two minutes to send a quick text.

The way you felt about him from the jump gave you a clue as to how the night was going to go.

My grandma says that intuition is God talking to you. If you feel uncomfortable on the inside honor that feeling.

Unless something tragic happened that prevented him from showing up, he should get the cold shoulder treatment.

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

True words my friend. I sometimes ignore that little voice of intuition in an attempt to "be nice" or give people the benefit of the doubt, but situations like this always make me regret it.

I guess I will just stick with my gut and leave it up to newcomers in my life to prove me wrong.

Monique said...

Listen to your gut next time girl. That was so stupid on his part. No need to play games. smh

LakiSwirl said...

Girl, I wish I had subscribed to your blog earlier... First off, it's real good, and second, I finally have another military blogger chick I can dish with. I was going through your older posts to see if I could find something about your reasons for joining or what you'd be doing and stuff... And you and me had a pretty identical enlistment experience. Even up to this flaky dude. Craziness. Keep the posts coming; it's like I'm reminiscing :)

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

@LakiSwirl I feel you, I had been looking for another female military blogger myself. The only ones I found were of a...different complexion, and no matter what anyone says, I believe my experiences will always be different from theirs.

So are you still in the military? What is/was your job? Or is it one of those "If I told you I'd have to kill you?" top secret jobs?

LakiSwirl said...

Nah, I'm not in anymore, but I'm still in the same line of work; I just took off the uniform. I was in a different service and I can tell you I was kind of the equivalent to an IS in the Navy. Joining was kind of a mistake for me, but it was by far the best mistake I ever made and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Hell, it got me this job, right?? And you're right; I did experience a few things girls of a different complexion wouldn't have, so I feel you on that. You know, I thought about blogging some of my experiences, but I was kinda reticent on doing so just 'cause I don't think the average reader would "get it," ya know? I might, though. I did have some crazy times. Again, though, keep these coming; we'll have to swap stories sometime.

UglyCleanBroke87 said...

I wanted to be an IS! I think I mentioned that in one of my previous posts...they were being super stingy with jobs though, so I chose to stick with what was given to me. I don't know if I would call joining a "mistake," but I definitely see the ups and downs of it already. I try to make the best of it though. I'll try to post as much as I can; as you probably know, the military doesn't allow for too much down time.

Alee. said...

I've had that happen before and it sucks. People can be so trifling. I wouldn't give this guy the time of day if I saw him again.